Friday, January 20, 2012

2011 Best Beaches...

Ten Best U.S. Beaches of 2011 Named by National Geographic



Having grown up in the Hamptons, I'm proud to say that Main Beach in Easthampton made the top ten. Main Beach is noted for it's emerald-colored waters, clean white sands and celebrity sitings. I totally agree that they are some of the most beautiful beaches and I have many fond memories treasuring those summer days by the sea, though we always did avoid the celebrities.

A day at any beach makes me happy and nourishes my soul but knowing that three of the top ten are in Florida and within driving distance draws me to explore these pristine beaches. I look forward to  sinking my toes in the finest, whitest sand in the world, and soaking in the clear, warm waters.

Image: National Geographic Siesta Beach

1 comment: